Ainsley & Jacob, and their family, beautifully executed a dreamy open-field wedding. They had the location just off a gravel road in the middle of tall wheat colored grass with a humble mountain in the background. This was a dreamy setting for an Georgia October wedding. It was classy and inviting. They had church pews, window arches, and the most perfect white puffy clouds in the sky. If you can’t tell already, this wedding made my heart happy!
Oh, the excitement! You said "Yes" and the two of you are starting to make plans to get married. This is such a fun and exciting time that can quickly become overwhelming. Here are a few helpful tips from Kristin Faye Photography on how to get started on planning after you get engaged:
Before we begin, grab a cup of coffee and take a break! :)
1. Announce your engagement // Let everyone know!
2. Chose your wedding style // Do you want a black tie classic wedding, or a wedding that has lots of elegant southern style. Neither of these may be for you, but know the options are endless. Pinterest can help or be more overwhelming.
3. Consider budget // Who is paying for what and truly consider the cost. Begin research on venues, photographers, florist, caterers, and bakers for you cake. Also, put those things in order for what is most important. Consider what is going to be worth paying more for and whats not as important.
4. Book your venue(s) // You need a place that can host all of your guest, has space for both the ceremony and reception. If they don't have a place for both, can the staff at the venue quickly and smoothly "flip" the space?
*You may have a specific date in mind, so be sure the check with the venue before making further plans.
5. Book your photographer // Photographers are usually the second vendor to be booked, the venue is the first. It is important to book a photographer that fits your style. Also, find one that has a good portfolio and is willing to share more of their work, full galleries, send referrals from previous clients, and someone who is willing to work with you.
*We take our jobs very seriously. We truly LOVE what we do and know that it's an honor to capture a couples wedding day. We work hard to further our education in all aspects of wedding photography. We also make an effort to get to know our couples. *
6. Go dress shopping // Wahoo! This is an exciting part. Invite a few of your closest friends and family that you'd want to take with you. Take photos! Enjoy this day.
7. Don't forget to truly enjoy this process. My wish for any couple is that they learn to slow down, don't stress the small stuff, and to remember the whole purpose of this planning. It's about you
and your fiance. It's about the two of you and your love.
Details of Katie + Zach's wedding were charming and sweet. Family quilts from different generations covered pews from their Grandparents church. In lieu of a traditional wedding cake, pound cakes made by family members are what Katie + Zach shared with their guest. Their summer wedding was full of personal touches that made their day so special.
Brooke + Chris | Barnsley Resort in Adairsville, Georgia by Kristin Faye Photography
How Brooke + Chris met:
After meeting on Match.com, we started talking for a couple weeks over text. When we decided to meet for dinner and a movie, he was left thinking I didn't like him because I was really quiet. After the date, I sent him a text to say thanks for the date and he says he was shocked. He thought he would never hear from me again. He called the next day to ask me on a second date. My answer was "of course!".
Why Brooke + Chris choose Barnsley Resort:
I saw Barnsley on Pinterest and just thought it was beautiful. Chris and I had decided we wanted a "destination" wedding, but somewhere that would be really easy on our families to travel to. Once we visited Barnsley, we fell in love with it. It was the best decision. They were so great and easy to work with. They made my wedding weekend perfect.
Brooke's Favorite thing about Chris:
My favorite thing about Chris is his sense of humor. He can make me laugh harder than anyone on earth. Even when things are stressful, he can always lighten the mood and keep me smiling.
Chris's favorite thing about Brooke:
Her smile. (Haha, so I guess that's why he is always making me laugh-Brooke's side note!)
Their favorite thing about their wedding day:
We loved absolutely everything about our wedding day! Brooke: My favorite thing would probably be walking down the aisle. My niece did such an awesome job as flower girl and seeing Chris standing there smiling at me was such a beautiful moment. It was the perfect day.
Photography- Kristin Faye Photography -Kristin & Justin Dial
Venue- Barnsley Resort & Gardens http://www.barnsleyresort.com/
Flowers- Edge Design http://edgedesignatlanta.com/
Makeup- Brushworx http://www.brushworx.net/
Cake- Honeymoon Bakery http://honeymoonbakery.com/
Rings and Bridal Jewelry- Levys Fine Jewelry
Music- Celebration String Quartet http://www.celebrationstringquartet.com/Celebration_String_Quartet/About_Us.html